Telephone: 8662 5701
Mobile: 0419 346 518
Michael is a leading commercial property lawyer. Michael has acted for owners, developers, consultants, government and others in property development, construction, infrastructure and management, commercial leasing, purchases and sales, joint ventures and other related transactions, including major city office building developments, shopping centres, airports and public infrastructure projects.
In June 2007 Michael retired as a partner from Corrs Chambers Westgarth and commenced in general practice. He is available for a wide range of legal matters, large and small.
In late 2012 Michael was appointed a Director of Victorian Rail Track Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne (1970)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne (1971)
Principal Areas of Practice
- Commercial property developments and transactions.
- Construction projects – front end and dispute resolution.
- Planning and environment matters.
- Airports – probity advice and aviation documentation.
- Litigation – Court and alternative dispute resolution.
- Joint Venture, shareholder and unitholder documentation.
- Business acquisitions and divestment.
- Business advisory and general commercial matters.
- Escrow agency services.
- Supreme Court of Victoria appointed Trustee of trust assets under litigation.
- Wills, powers of attorney and other private matters.
- Honorary Legal Services – Yachting Victoria, Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron, Kew Golf Club, Portsea Golf Club.
- Catholic Education Office. Construction project legal adviser.
- Fincham property syndicate investments. Legal adviser.
- Blomquist + Wark. Legal adviser.
- Melbourne Airport. Numerous projects since its privatisation in 1997.
- Commonwealth Games Village. Project lawyer for Major Projects Victoria.
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Trust. Legal adviser to the Melbourne Exhibition Centre and the Melbourne Convention Centre since 1995.
- New Melbourne Convention Centre Project. Assisting Major Projects Victoria, DIIRD and MCET.
- Sisters of Mercy Property Association. Sale and redevelopment of the Mercy Hospital for Women and many other property transactions.
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth. Melbourne Premises Re-location Project Leader 2002/3.
- Regional Fast Rail Project. Advising the Victorian Department of Infrastructure.
- Kew Residential Project. Advising the Department of Human Services.
- Morwell Gasworks Remediation Project. Acting for Victorian Government Property Group.
- National Ice Sports Centre. Advising the Department for Victorian Communities.
- Advising the Government of Indonesia on water supply privatisation.
- Yarra Valley Water Limited. Advising in relation to numerous commercial, property, infrastructure and litigation matters.
- Walter Construction Group. Advising on the Victoria Archive Centre, Federal Law Courts Building, Anchorage Development and others.
- Docklands. Developing the drafting brief for the Docklands Authority Act for the creation of Melbourne’s docklands.
- Docklands (Telstra) Stadium development. Acting for the trustee.
- Yallourn Power Station demolition project. Acting for the SECV.
- Parliament House Completion Authority in Melbourne. Project legal adviser.
- BHP new Global Leadership Centre in Melbourne and other projects. Project legal adviser.
- Acting for several municipal councils in Victoria.
- Acting for DoJ in relation to the outsourcing of the State Emergency Services Call and Dispatch Communications Network.
- Public Transport Corporation automated ticketing project. Project legal adviser.
- Melbourne’s City Square and Regent Theatre redevelopment. Advising the Victorian Government.
- Royal Melbourne Hospital – co-location of Hospital Corporation of Australia on the Royal Melbourne Hospital Campus. Legal adviser.
- BP Australia Limited head office relocation/project. Legal adviser.
- Hudson Conway Limited proposed Gas & Fuel Corporation head office building. Project legal adviser.
- New Melbourne Magistrates Court. Project legal adviser.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground Southern Stand redevelopment project. Legal adviser to Major Projects Victoria.
- AMP Society – development and construction of Bourke Place, 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne. Project legal adviser.
- AMP Society – 1988/9 redevelopment of Knox City Shopping Centre. Project legal adviser.
- Beacon Cove. Acting in relation to this development for five years before its sale to Mirvac.
- Melbourne Central. Project lawyer for the Victorian Government for this major development.
- V&G Concrete and CPS. Legal advice.
- Past Commodore of Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron.
- Law Institute of Victoria